The flourishing jade view of Aru Valley; the lively string of houseboats and shikaras; the sacred shrine of Jammu City; the desolate coast road to Leh; and the soothing ambience of Buddhist monasteries, Jammu and Kashmir is all about never-fading attractiveness and attraction. Every state is blessed with goddess nature. But then there is much more to Jammu & Kashmir other than visiting the attractions and striking places and it’s the adventurous activities.
Book Kashmir Tour Packages to experience these adventurous activities and its beautiful and alluring places these diverse options make Jammu and Kashmir a great holiday destination for every kind of travelers.
Here are 10 adventurous activities that you definitely must do when you visit Kashmir
- Skiing / Snowboards: Tourists who love adventurous sports for them skiing / snowboards is one of the major attractions inthe Himalayas. Gulmarg is the special ski resort in the Himalayas located in Kashmir. The place was first founded in 1927, when two British army officers spotted it and later established the Ski Club of India here. People with the help of a gondola cab car lift can locate the Gulmarg easily as it the highest lift-served ski resorts in the world. The best time to enjoy a fine skiing in Gulmarg is in the mid of December that is before Christmas and continues till mid of April.
- Trekking / Mountaineering: Kashmir being a hill station is blessed with a diverse land and offerimpressive views of nature’s astonishing splendor. Thus, an ideal technique to experience this unaffected attractiveness is through the trek. The period of trek might differ from a day to a week, or a month. Srinagar-Aharbal-Kungwattan-Mahinag-Kounsarnag, Pahalgam-Chandarwar-Sheshnag-Amarnath Cave-Sonamarg-Sgr, Pahalgam-Aru-Lidderwat-Kolahoi Glacier-Khemsar-Sonamrg-Sgr are some of the most popular treks that a tourist can experience.
- ShikaraBoat ride: Dal Lake and secure marine is one of the most remarkable effects about Kashmir. If you visit Kashmir and neglect the Shikara boat ride, then you’ve really not enjoyed this trip. A blissful Shikara ride at Dal and Nagin lakes offer you a pleasing view of the attractive gorge and Zabarwan hills. In order to have a memorable experience of interesting lake, all you need to do is lease a Shikara and start seafaring. Though, you can find many secure boat ghats beside the Dal lake banks on Boulevard road, but three most significant ghats are delegated, Nehru Park, Hazratbal.
- Paragliding: along with the variety of adventure activities in Jammu & Kashmir,Paragliding is one of the most admired ones. The sight of the outstanding jade meadow and the royal valleys while gliding over them is a completely special experience. And gliding is considered to be the best way to witness this. Sonamarg, Gulmarg, Baderwah, Sanasar and Harwan (Srinagar) are the major top spaces where tourists can benefit from this sport.
- Angling and Fishing: Jammu & Kashmir is a bliss for angling and fishing because it has a great set-up of rivers, lakes and streams. You’ll find out that people from different states are engaged in this kind of activity and they find this activity really interesting. Fishing at Dal Lake is considered to be the most popular or famous activity. But before experiencing this activity you need to take permission from the Kashmir government.
- Rafting: Apart from the wonderful expected charm of the state lies a cache of adventure in its form. One such stimulating form is rafting. The well-known rivers where adventure seekers can try this demanding activity arethe Indus, Lidder and Zanskar. Wounding through different compelling landscape, deep gorges and mountains, these boisterous rivers give plenty of excitement to rafting lovers.
- Camping: If you desire to enjoy the likely charm of Jammu and Kashmir in its crammedbloom, then camping is a must-do activity for you. There is no need of striking campsite in the state where one can come close to nature. If you want to turn this vacation activity into an adventure activity, then winter is not compulsory. Also, go for high-altitude treks as they are more favorable to camping activities.
- Water Skiing: Travelers who are wishing to spend their holidays in Jammu and Kashmir for them water sports are considered to be the major attractions. And these water sports are just like winter sports. Among the water sports water skiing is the most loved by the tourists and it also have a multitude of followers.
- Horse Riding: Jammu & Kashmirare the only destination which is blessed with the most amazing and attractive tourist places and horse riding is considered to be the most preferred activity by the tourist as it needs no time or place and this activity can be done anywhere and at any time. Gulmarg, Sonamarg, Ladakh, and especially the Zanskar Valley are the main places to enjoy horse riding in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Canoeing: Canoeing is considered to be one of the major water sports in Kashmir and is gaining popularity and also getting famous among the people of Kashmir as well as among the tourists. To promote water sports Jammu & Kashmir government has introduced a kayaking and canoeing tournament.
If you are an adventure enthusiast and like to give your trip discrete experiences then connect yourself in the speckled activities offered by the state. There are a number of things to do in Jammu and Kashmir that make your holidays an impressive experience to relish. Nevertheless, apart from the sightseeing, this eye-catching travel destination offers an collection of activities to its visitors. Kashmir is the best place you can visit to explore the beauty and its attraction.